Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My weekend activities. Hosting my own garage sale!

I can’t decide if this was a great weekend to have garage sale or a bummer weekend, since I miss out on all the other garage sales going on!

I’m going to say great weekend because we had a rather steady stream of people.

100_9233

Remember the new Chicco stroller set I got here for $95 and was a steal of a deal? Well, time to sell the old one! This one had gone through 2 kids before my two kids and is old faithful. I priced it at $25 hoping it would help someone out like it did us. A lady bought it for a colege who came to work crying because she didn’t have a stroller for her baby, $25 to help her friend sounded good to her!

The bike sold for $10 and was one a neighbor brought over to get rid of. The trike for $3 and the slide, which was a gift my daughter outgrew sold for $12 to a lady having a b-day party for her 2 year old and had no toys for the other kids! LOL! The tunnel sold for $2.

100_9216

This was my 3 year-old’s contribution! It was a back hoe I bought him for his birthday in October. He played with it but in purging the back yard of all the large toys this one didn’t make the cut. I got it for $.99 at a thrift store and sold it for $2. Then we went to a $1 store and he bought a bug catcher for himself and a ball for his sister. Got to love the lessons that thrifting and reselling is teaching him!

100_9237

Hubby got rid of a bunch of tools

100_9239

See that gum ball machine. That was a neighbors. He priced it at $30 and some lady knocked it over, broke the glass, then complained about the “dangerous stuff” we had at our garage sale, and she wasn’t talking about the saws/tools/leaf blower/paintsprayer. Nope. Just the gumball machine. She very nicely gave us $15 for the breaking it. I’m trying to sell the stand for $5 to make some money off it.

Sold the leaf blower for $75 for a neighbor.

100_9238

The wrapping paper and the tree skirts were things I found where someone threw them away. Can you believe it? The wrapping paper is complete with tags and still unused and in its own wrap! Sold each for $. 50. Made a nice little profit just for rescuing some items! Still have more wrapping paper.

100_9240

Very happy with all the stuff we got ride of. Ours and friend’s and neighbors. It was the best garage sell we’ve ever had!

1 comment:

  1. Ugg..that's what I hate about hosting my own sale. I miss out on all the others. Sounds like you did well. I'm particpating in a kids sale this weekend. I have a ton of crap to sell. Last year, I scooped up a HUGE lot of Robeez for cheap. Made a killing off of them. Hoping they are there again with some more killer deals.

    ReplyDelete