Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sweet deal on flowers!

I ran to Lowes to price some items for a kid project that I want to do, well, I didn’t get anything I needed for the project but I did find a killer deal on flowers!

I guess they are getting rid of some of the poorer looking annuals and so they are all marked 1/2 off or more! I was in flower Heaven!

101_9762

Now the mulch wasn’t on sell and enjoy seeing this back in the back of my van. It is the only time you will ever see it there. I am NEVER buying mulch again! Way too expensive and I can get it from the city for free so never again. Even if it does take a bunch of time and effort and travel to get it. That’s what is happening next time!

See my pretty flowers! So nice and lively!

Check out the prices! Yes!

101_9763

40 Pennies! Some were 38 Cents and some were $1.75

101_9765

This one cost me $1.75. I think it is usually  around $8. I have never bought this one before.

101_9766

Anyway, I know this is a rather boring post but I wanted to share my excitement with you all. I planted a bunch tonight but have a few to plant tomorrow. By the way. If you know what the above flowers are called please tell me. They didn’t have a tag and I need to know where I can plant them!

!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm not trying to be anonymous, it's just the only choice I know of to make right now.
    I don't know the names of your unknown flowers but I want to comment on the mulch.
    There is a little secret at Lowe's about the buying the mulch at half price! I found out by accident one day 3 yrs ago when this guy in front of me had a high stack of mulch on his cart and paid half of the total - it turns out that if the bags are torn and have lost a bit of their mulch, the workers are suppposed to put them in these larger transparent bags they have on a big roll for that purpose and they are charged 50% off at checkout!
    We also figured out that if the workers have not "overbagged" the mulch yet, you can ask them to do it and load them on your cart. I don't think Lowe's wants this info out there, but I will share it with you - because I really like your blog and your prices(but you should raise them just a little so you can make a decent profit)... Oh darn, now is the whole world going to know about the mulch?
    S.

    ReplyDelete