Monday, August 22, 2011

When buying just doesn’t go well…

 

I should stick with buying what I know. I have learned this over and over and over again. Today was one of those “agains”!

I purchase another grab bag purchase. Yes, and once again I paid for the whole bag just to get one water bottle.

IMG_1314

Hey, I live in the Midwest. It’s over 100 every day. Got to have me some nice water bottles!

Ok, but maybe not a whole grab bag with 11 of them!

 

 IMG_1317

And that is why I was soo excited about this blue Camelbak. I’ve been wanting one of these, though not this one, which runs about $8 at REI, which we really need here in Tulsa, Oklahoma! Just sayin….

Anyway, notice anything special? Ya. Its the mouth piece. The thing that makes Camelbak’s so stinkin popular! Its, um…well, its just, lets see…. PLUMB NOT THERE!

No Problem!” I thought. “I will just get one online…the big thing is having most of the bottle in tacked right?”

WRONG!

(By the way, this is a new bottle, not sure if ever got used!)

Ok, back to my unsound judgment story. Just had to through that in here.

Apparently these mouth piece cost… and I kid you not….$8-12 on EBAY. Got to love it.

Ok, so I don’t.

It' is ridiculous.

Ok, so it is also ridiculous that I got all those bottles and a Camelbak for 45 cents. But hey! I’m looking for stuff next to nothing…not for replacement parts that cost as much as a stinkin’ new bottle!

So I found someone who had one listed, and not sold, with a few other water bottle parts I didn’t want and asked her to just sell me that one mouthpiece for $1.50 plus $.50 shipping. Or maybe it was a him…the name was Chris. I have no idea

She/he wrote back and said:

Hey, I have lots of this Camelbak stuff, more than I want to bother selling. Send me your address, I'll send you one, you can pay me something for it if you choose to after you get it. Best --Chris--

Ok seriously. The world is right again…I mean who does that!? And to top that he/she lived in California which is the most expensive in State place to ship for me. Oh yea. This kid was raised right. I have a friend. Ok. Not really.

Anyway. Moral of the story is there are Chris’ out there on eBay to make all the jerks look like extra jerks and them look like angels. Thank you Chris’ of eBay!

He/she ended up sending it to me for free and told me not to worry about the price. How awesome is that!!???

So that is that story. Here are the other bottles I salvaged from that bag.

IMG_1318  

I’m hoping the rest can be recycled. Want them to be a bench I sit on someday! Lol!

IMG_1321 

I got some American Eagle shorts for my hubby to work in. He likes this brand but I rarely find it in his size. These were $5. I know, big spender on my Manly Man!

UPDATE: They don’t fit him. Apparently the size on the tag is not the size of the shorts. STINK! Going to try to sell them to get my $5 back! (I hope)

 

And now the newsboy hat…oh that hat.

 IMG_1324   IMG_1327

Very nice isn’t it? Perfect condition. And what can beat leather?

NON-LEATHER. That’s what.

Yep. Didn’t read the tag. I am far to trusting of a person. This is actually made out of…get this.

Vinyl.

Yep. Vinyl.

Isn’t that what siding is made out of? Well lucky us. We can now wear it on our heads.

Great.

Ok ok, only 45 cents as well, but it doesn’t even fit me! Maybe I’ll give it to my brother as a Christmas present…hey, not a bad idea! Of course I’m listing it first….=)

 

Alright, on to the next disappointment of my life… er…day.

IMG_1328

This really cool AND only 45 cent toy! Leapfrog…ya can’t go wrong now can you?

IMG_1329

You sure can. At least if you are Handkerchief Gal! What can I say? I’ve got a rare talent. Hang out a while, maybe it will rub off.

Ok. Or run away screaming. That works too…

IMG_1330

Because the above pictures, my dear friends, is a leapfrog baby toy that needs a TV, a hook up and a dvd to be functional. Oh, and it’s heavy. And I’m not sure if it even works cuz I do not have any of the before mentioned items. Completely not sure what to do with it. Sell it as is? No, they don’t sell on eBay. Sell it for parts? Maybe. But did I mention it is heavy? However, it was only 45 cents. At least I’m not making expensive mistakes. Yay me.

Blah.

 

 

Now check out my stylish new pocketbook.

IMG_1331

Ok, not stylish, but I believe it is new. Maybe not worth much but…well, did I mention it was 45 cent sell day yet? Yep. 45 cents. Aren’t ya all jealous. Um-hmmm.

Actually I needed one half this size but I found this one and figured it was time to retire the one I already have.

I’m not sold on it yet. Cuz I empted my old one into it then tucked the “retired” one into a drawer. Yea. Not sure I like this one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment