Friday, August 19, 2011

Piece by piece: selling big items!

 

A wonderful friend of mine heard I needed a swing for the new baby and gave me their very nice swing. I tried to use it but unfortunately the motor had gone out and it was rather useless to me though I did sit and rock him a few times!

Side to Side SettingAs you can see it was far to large of an item to ship out if you want to keep shipping cost low. But I had read in a blog where selling parts can make you some money so I did. I took the whole thing apart. I put up of auction the tray, the seat cover, the fish (I only had 3) The battery cover, and the button cover. I figured anything else and the person should probably just get a new swing. The seat seems to sell as well but it wasn’t worth my time trying to package it up for the $10 I would make.

I notice a lot of watching on all the items and this is what I made off them.

 

Blue Button cover= $0

Yes, it didn’t sell, but it was worth a shot!

image

 

Tray= $5.35

image 

Seat cover= $7.49

 

Seat Belt= $5.50

 

2 Fish= $4.25

1 Fish + battery cover= $4.50

 

Total= $27.09

 

I just looked these up on my local Craigslist and found that a similar swing is for sell, fully functional for $40! I made more than half of that and sold only the little parts! Yay!

This would also be a great way to get some money back if you buy a fluke toy 2nd hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment