Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New EBAY rules mean a great start to resellers!

ebay-money

I just got this email from EBAY today:

List Auction-style FREE--any start price, all the time!

We're writing with some great news:
Starting April 19, you'll be able to list your items Auction-style FREE, at any start price, up to 50 listings a month. Plus you can add the Buy It Now option to these listings FREE to grab buyers in a hurry. Set the price you want and sell it fast! This is not a limited-time special but a change in eBay Standard fees to help you list more for FREE all the time--even those high ticket items! Pay only if your item sells.
Also, because we know buyers take into consideration the total cost of an item, also starting April 19, to encourage sellers to keep shipping costs low, the Final Value Fee will be applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping.
New eBay Shopping Cart
As an eBay buyer you'll soon be shopping on eBay with a handy, familiar shopping cart. Add multiple items--Fixed Price and Auction-style--from multiple sellers and pay in one easy checkout. The new eBay Shopping Cart will be the way to shop on eBay by the 2011 holiday season.
Best wishes for happy selling!
Your eBay seller team

If you’ve thought about selling then April 19th would be a great time to start! It won’t cost you anything to just go through you closet and start posting items that you don’t wear anymore. Stick with name brands, even OLD NAVY does well for me, and use the money you make to get more items at Garage Sales. Do it in moderation and you will be pulling in extra cash for very little effort!

Look HERE for a link to how to ship your items and save you money…as well as not lose money in shipping!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a little post about this.. I love the free listings..but I don't like that they now base your fees on shipping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I wrote about this too. I think everyone did! It changed a lot for me and I had to restructure but I will won't see a big change as I've already adopted free shipping on most of my items. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete