Thursday, September 15, 2011

While I was sleeping…

image

This is how I woke up feeling on Wednesday morning…around 2am nonetheless.

So the next day my hubby, for the FIRST TIME EVER! Took the day off to stay home and take care of the kids. Well he did far more than just that!

To start he put me to bed then set up his saw.

IMG_2105

Then he took some of these from our attic:

IMG_2107

And this space behind the door to the kids room":

IMG_2108

And used these kind of tools:

IMG_2109

And turned it into this!!!

  IMG_2111 IMG_2112

 

Amazing huh?

This is what our kid’s books looked like before! Needless to say we don’t have a ton of space in our house so behind the door was the perfect bookshelf!

IMG_2110

Now, there are a few things I believe we would do different next time. The shelves are perfect in size but they really need a 1x3 or 1x4 as the front part so they don’t fall off the shelf easily. Every time  my daughter grabs a book from the back the all fall off. But the kids are learning and have started looking at all their books now that they don’t have to dig though that bin to get to them! Yay!

Thank you hubby! For this and for feeding the kids and I and making me sleep and for the prayers and all the clean up of everything! You are so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment