Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Book Review: "I'd Like You More if You were More Like Me."

This book by John Ortberg has incredible wisdom. I wasn't sure what the title would hold but as I opened the first few pages I was impressed with his open honesty (even where it made him out to be the heel of the story!) and the lessons he learned from his mistakes.From talking about marriage to Jesus' relationship with his disciples he covers virtually every relationship one could be in and points out things that make the reader cringe because we've all kinda done it!
From the depth of opening yourself for marriage to having true friendships, Ortberg dives into it all. In the day of modern communication, this book of true relationships is much needed. And it isn't just another book telling us that texting isn't real communication. It is a book that describes the best and worse of relationships. It makes you long for something that, our day in age has forgotten about. He doesn't put down the way people do relationship, which makes it nice to read but creates a longing for true relationship.
He shares what shame is and how to get over it. He talks about ruptured relationships and how to lightheartedly repair them.
I think the main thing about this book that I can see is that the title seems almost cheaper than all the information inside!

This book was given to me for my review

No comments:

Post a Comment