Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sales Round up!

 

Ebay is starting to, slowly, pick up for me. I know this is a terrible photo but hey, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes it is worth $15.50! I got this dress for $1 and it was just cute enough for me to buy it though it was a Target brand.

image

 

 

I’ve had several swim suits by Lands End for sale and I think I just got them to late in the season. I thought they would fly off the shelves! This one finally sold for $20.99. The whole thing cost me .99 cents so it was a great deal for me! AND they paid for shipping since it went to Canada.

image

 

I’ve had this jacket since the spring and finally listed it in August hoping to catch some early fall shoppers. It is 100% leather and if it didn’t sell I was going to take my 99 cent investment and turn it into something leather bound! A journal? A seat of a desk chair? Who knows? Not me because it had watchers for several weeks and finally sold after 2 bids for $22.61 with $6.95 shipping. I used priority regional shipping to ship it for just under $8 in a nice box so it wouldn’t be too crowded in a bag. Hope they like it! 

image

 

This was one of those things I bought for myself and then just wanted to get my money back. I spend $5 on it at Goodwill but didn’t want the color. But describing the color on ebay was rough! One lady bought it than wanted to know if the color would match her room. I offered to go to Lowes and find a paint chip that matched but she said no (Thank goodness!) and I sent her pictures in different lights. She decided against it and I sold it this week for $12 with $8 shipping. Shipping cost me $8.74 and I made only about $6 after all was said and done. But hey, I made money on a bad choice that I couldn’t return! I’ll take it!

image

 

I got this dress half hoping it would sell and half hoping it would fit a family member! Well it sold and I made a tidy profit off my 99 cents! $18.55 and shipping was around $2. Thank you Old Navy!

image

 

I didn’t grow up knowing what brand names were. We only had a Walmart in our home town and living on a farm meant if the clothes fit and didn’t have too many holes, then it worked. Quality wasn’t the biggest worry because quality with cow manure on it was still dirty.

So I’m still learning. And I’m sure passing up on brand names all the time out of ignorance!

My sister in law isn’t that way though, and when I took her shopping she showed me these Silver Jeans and that they were a great deal. I got them for 99 cents and sold them for $12.50. Two bids. I thought I would get more out of them but they don’t sell much better than Levi’s on eBay, but that ok, I can take10x my money back!

image

1 comment:

  1. Great sales. I LOVE Silver Jeans. Didn't discover them until I was older. We had those brands around..we were just poor folks :)

    ReplyDelete