Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday finds

 

My amazing hubby was going to help a friend this morning and he offered to take the kids so I could go garage sale shopping. I mean what husband does that? Mine!

So off I went in my minivan but without the kids to hit all the sales I could. I found some great deals, which was awesome but by 10:30 I was beat. This last week of pregnancy must be getting to me cuz I skipped the thrift store and came home to take a nap…I know, how bad is that?

Check out what I got:

A few summer items for the soon-to-be-born baby! 50 cents each:

101_9997

Shoes for my little girl. They are “jumping bean” brand, which I know nothing about but $1 and in good condition. My daughter loves them!

101_9998

Some trains for my son, well, he gave the one called “Lady” to his sister and kept “Spencer.”

These trains are mostly metal and run about $12 each from the store. They don’t resale very well but for $.25 each I can’t go wrong for the joy they bring the kids!

101_9999 

 

Some string for miscellaneous things…never can have too much! And a small jar for pretty much the same reason!

102_0001

 

I scored on this Pampered Chef baking stone. It is rarely used and only $1! I later saw a baking rectangle for sale for $2 but I had to pass it up cuz I can only have so many…already regret it though!

102_0002

 

And at $2 this wagon was my deal of the day! I asked the lady how much she wanted for it and she said, “How much do you want to pay for it?”

Now, don’t ask a garage sale shopping person that! I want you to give it to me just to be ride of it!

However, I didn’t say that! I said the next most insulting thing: “How about $1?”

She said 2 and she got herself a deal! I was excited but wouldn’t have paid more because I don’t need it but it will match my house decoration so I will find somewhere for it …or resale it. The asking price is from $30 to $60 but I don’t know what they sell for yet.

102_0003

So mostly it was a very selfish day, not much in the way of business but I had a lot of care-free fun and I believe I spent around $8 total. A splurge every once in a while is ok! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment