Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Book Review: Ant Dens by Mary Coley

This book was written by an author in my local area and I thought I'd give it a try. I was able to get the 2nd book this week so I started with that one.

This author is not just talented in her writing but she possesses a complicated ability to create a winding story that twists and turns and gives no hint to the ending.
I believe I would like to start with book one if I had it to do over, but book two did a fine job standing alone. The character struggles with the recent loss of her husband, the moving on with her life and the guilt over seeming to successfully do so.  There would be a lot of ability to relate for anyone who has suffered a loss, even though the book is a suspense novel.  It is also riddled with historical fact and strongly references human sex trafficking in the US.
Even though the plot is good I would give this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars due to the language and references in it. Tactfully written considering the topic it refers to sex trafficking throughout the book language would prevent me from recommending it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment